Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify.
Shipping is free on all U.S. orders
- Unit price
- Brand Story
The Black Diamond 9.9 is our go-to rope for year-round rock climbing. Boasting a thick diameter built for day in, day out use, the 9.9 is optimized for durability yet soft enough to deliver great handling. Sporting an easily identified middle marker, the BD 9.9 is ideal for climbers who prefer packing one burly rope for all rock projects.
- Regular Sheath: Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, our standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Durability and Handling Balance: Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, our ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, yet holds up to a barrage of use
- Rope Dynamic Elongation: 0.32
- Rope Factor Falls: 6
- Rope Half Mark: Yes
- Rope Impact Force: 8.4 kN
- Rope Static Elongation: 0.076
- Rope Type: Single
- Rope Weight Per Meter: 64 g (2.3 oz)
What began with a backyard anvil and a hammer has now grown into a global company with offices on three continents. Since 1957, Black Diamond's innovative gear designs have set the standard in numerous areas.
Black Diamond has become a globally recognized voice for conservation and preservation ethics, particularly in Utah, where Black Diamond's global headquarters sit at the foot of the Wasatch Mountains. Black Diamond and Waste Management recycled an estimated 25 tons of Black Diamond's waste—approximately 60% of the organization's total solid waste stream. This included approximately 138 tons of cardboard, 43 tons of metals, 28 tons of paper, 26 tons of plastics and 1,776 lbs of computer waste. This recycling effort amounted to a reduction in greenhouse gas emissions of approximately 510 tons CO2—roughly equivalent to not driving 720,000 miles each year.
Adding product to your cart
You might want to take a closer look.