Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify.
Shipping is free on all U.S. orders
- Unit price
- Brand Story
It’s time for your pup to start carrying their own weight! The Wilderdog Dog Backpack is the perfect day hiking or light overnight accessory for helping your dog trek in and out with their own gear. Create some space in your own pack for extra snacks (or maybe some whiskey) and let your dog carry their own food, bowls, and poop bags. Both left and right saddlebags have two thoughtfully designed pockets with every feature you didn’t know you needed!
- Built-in harness for stability and back-mounted D-ring leash attachment
- Top handle to grab your pup if needed
- Four adjustment points to fit the pack perfectly to your pup
- Two saddlebags with 4 total pockets - 2 on each side
- Approximate total capacities:
- Easy-to-use, built in poop bag dispenser fits one poop bag roll
- Interior pull tabs for keys, etc
- Stitched webbing attachment points for carabiners, bowls, or other accessories
- Velcro keepers on all straps - no hanging strap tails!
- Constructed of durable, water resistant cotton/poly blend fabric
- Wash on ‘gentle’ setting with low or no heat and hang to dry
- Backed by our lifetime warranty!
When measuring the chest: Be sure to measure the widest part of your dogs chest - right behind the front legs!
When measuring the neck: Be sure to measure the widest part of your dogs neck - at the base where the harness will sit, not where a collar sits!
We recommend that initially your dog carries no more than 10% of their body weight, including the contents of the backpack and the pack itself. If your dog is new to backpacks, we suggest starting with a lighter load and adding weight over time. Canned veggies make for a great trial run around your neighborhood!
- Wash on ‘gentle’ setting with low or no heat
- Hang to dry
- No chewing!
We're a small group of friends, often outnumbered by dogs, always camping, climbing, skiing, biking, and seeking adventure. And we found ourselves without durable leashes, collars and gear. Often times retired climbing rope or old webbing or cordelette was how we kept a handle on our dogs. From here, our original leash idea was born.
Our products are designed to go everywhere and take a beating. It’s why we back everything with a lifetime warranty. It’s why we started this. We love designing and making reliable gear.
Rescue and adoption are also a big part of our lives. We started our 'Purchase for a Pound' program to be able to help out the amazing people running (often under-funded) rescues and shelters. The program is simple - we donate one pound of dog food for every purchase made here on wilderdog.com. Each month we choose a different rescue or shelter to receive the donation. This allows them to free up funds for medical needs, supplies, or even to save a life.
All Wilderdog gear is backed by a lifetime warranty.
Adding product to your cart
You might want to take a closer look.