Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify.
Shipping is free on all U.S. orders
- Unit price
- Brand Story
The BearVault bear canister is made to protect your food and keep your adventure going with no disruption from wild animals. These canisters are intentionally designed and well engineered to keep bears from accessing your hiking food so it can all be available to fuel your body as it is challenged by your hike.
- Grizzly & Black Bear Approved.
- Lighter for backpacking when every ounce counts.
- Larger capacity for the space you need.
- Extra wide opening provides full access for loading, unloading and finding items.
- Innovative patented design so you can open and close the lid without tools.
- Super rugged transparent poly-carbonate housing resists impacts without shattering.
- Built in guides keep tie down straps in place so extra carrying case in not needed to attach to backpack.
- Weight BV450: 2 lbs 1 oz (0.94kg)
- Weight BV500: 2 lbs 9 oz (1.16kg)
- Food capacity / Interior volume BV450: 440 cubic inches (7.2 ltr) 4 days
- Food capacity / Interior volume BV500: 700 cubic inches (11.5 ltr) 7 days
- Material: Super rugged polycarbonate housing
- Dimensions BV450: 8.7 in diameter (22.1cm) x 8.3 in (21.1cm)
- Dimensions BV500: 8.7 in diameter (22.1cm) x 12.7 in (32.3cm)
The BearVault was an invention of necessity. While on a backpacking trip with friends the discussion around the fire centered on the backpacking bear canister we were using. It had some challenges with shape, had a small opening, was quite heavy, and had very limited visual accessibility. All of these things added up made it our least favorite piece of equipment overall. Naturally the brainstorming was sparked, and reimagining the bear proof canister began.
Adding product to your cart
You might want to take a closer look.