Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
This website is encrypted. We take your security very seriously. All transactions powered by Shopify.
Shipping is free on all U.S. orders
- Unit price
- Brand Story
Go all day strong with the Over-the-Calf Mountaineering sock. Extra cushion is perfect for long-distance hiking through sub-zero wind chills. Designed simple. Built tough.
- Women's over the calf socks average 16.25 in. from heel to cuff - expect them to cover the leg to just below the knee.
- A performance fit means no slipping, no bunching, no blisters for peak hiking comfort.
- We close every toe seam using our True Seamless™ Toe technology for an ultra smooth, undetectable feel.
- Reinforced footbed and Achilles cushion improves the comfort of our socks and helps them last longer.
- Merino Wool is at home on the trail, naturally moving moisture to keep feet fresh and dry in all weather.
- Our warmest socks - heavyweight socks trap heat, transfer moisture, and provide steady comfort on the coldest treks.
- The “still” in Still Made in Vermont, USA is personal. We knit all our socks at our VT-based Mills - we can't imagine it any other way.
- Unconditionally Guaranteed for Life - if these aren’t the longest lasting socks you’ve ever owned, return them for another pair.
- 72% Merino Wool 26% Nylon 2% Lycra® Spandex
In 2004 a family owned company, Darn Tough, started manufacturing socks in Northfield Vermont. In a move that seems crazy, Darn Tough initially gave away 3,500 merino wool socks at the Vermont City Marathon in Burlington. Word of the socks' durability quickly spread, and outdoor enthusiasts couldn't stop talking about the lifetime guarantee.
Darn Tough supports the development of the Responsible Wool Standard (RWS), an emerging international standard that protects animal welfare, provides assurances that farmers follow sustainable land management practices.
Adding product to your cart
You might want to take a closer look.